Coastal Chamber Youth Ballet provides an opportunity for intermediate and advanced dancers top-notch training, performance experiences, and enrichment opportunities. Each year the Coastal Chamber Youth Ballet Company is proud to present San Luis Obispo County with their annual holiday production of Babes in Toyland, as well as community outreach and scholarships.
Requirements for Admittance
Admittance to the Coastal Chamber Youth Ballet Company is through the audition process. Requirement are as follows:
• Dancers must be age 11 by December 31st to audition to be a part of the CCYB company or Pre company.
• Dancers must dance at an intermediate to advanced level of skill.
• Auditions for Senior Company, Company, and Pre Company positions are held in July
• Contracts run September 1st through August 31st.
• Senior Company, Company, and Pre Company positions are open to all intermediate to advanced dancers ages 11+. Placement is based on ability.
• Audition will include barre work, center floor work, across the floor work, and pointe work (for dancer in Pointe 1 and above)
• Dancers must wear classical ballet attire (black leotard, pink tights and pink ballet flats/pointes) with hair in a classical bun.
• Founders Tara Behnke and Kathy Schultz, Artistic Director Klar-Kristan Harder, and Managing Director Bronwyn Keith, along with other judges, will be ranking all of those auditioning. The results of the ranking process and judges recommendations will be evaluated for dancer placement. Positions will be offered within one week of the audition.
• If you have any questions regarding Coastal Chamber Youth Ballet’s policies, auditioning information, or training, please email Bronwyn Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org.